Sunday, December 7, 2008

Short Europe Trip

Just after noon here in Mechanicsburg, a partly cloudy day with periods of sun, but still bloody cold, its 1°C today and the overnight temp tonight (although I won't be here is -8°C. I do have the apartment warmed up to 22°C so its pleasant indoors (so you know where I am).

I am off to Frankfurt, Germany today for a few days of meetings and on my return via London I link up with my wonderful Lis and we come back home (read US of A) together.

I leave here about 2.45pm and drive the 195km to Philadelphia airport, drop off the hire car I have been driving for the last three weeks (three weeks has gone pretty fast) and up up and away to Frankfurt via London. I have a 3.5 hour layover in London but the lounges in London are very nice (especially the new ones in Terminal 5).

The forecast for Frankfurt during the week is slightly warmer then here in Harrisburg (I will at times use these two place name interchangeably) with Monday 4°C, Tuesday 3°C and Wednesday 2°C, then it's outta there and back to London for an overnight stay and then Thursday morning, get to the airport, find Lis and head home.

It was nice to see the photos from the outing you had last week for Lis and well done to Greggie for the photography work. It looks like everyone is now very accustomed to the camera with your striking poses (after years of practice you're in the swing of it).

It did snow yesterday and left a cover of snow this morning but it has mostly gone already. IF its going to be cold I want it to snow. Having said that I am sure at some stage it will wear off, and when it becomes slippery on the roads and difficult if not dangerous to drive then that time will be here. Until then let it snow.

I get back next Thursday afternoon so it's not a long trip. Oh, I get the new car on Thursday night (if the plane is on time) - pics will be posted shortly after.

Cheers.

No comments: