Saturday, May 2, 2009

Spring has Arrived...

Its only another week and it will have been 6 months since I left Australia - time flies. With the arrival of Spring and warmer weather comes the time to hit the road.  Last weekend (April 26th) the temperature hit 34 degrees C and that's the maximum temp around here in the last 6 months.  

The route I have done a few times so far starts from a local high school car park which is only 3 miles from my place.  The ride goes south-west from Mechanicsburg to a place called Boiling Springs - nice little town with a small lake in the middle on which people hire boats and do a bit of fishing.   They also have a small fun park/water park with a few slides etc but still not open for another month.  From the first cruise of the main street the only cafe has closed and is auctioning off its inventory so that's a lot worse than Bobo's coffee.  Oh well, its only 13 miles from home and not the target for a general stop on future rides.  


Lake in Boiling Springs.....

Hamster's Black Beauty ready to go.....


When in America.......  
I found my old Motorola American Champions jersey so thought I would see how it went in its own backyard.  

On the way home I meet a rider, named Bob who works in the Harley Davidson factory down in York and rides as part of his cross training for weightlifting, nice fellow.  As I meet some more locals hopefully I will get to know where the better roads are to ride.  I would like to also know where the better cafes are but I think that might be stretching it a bit as there doesn't seem to be any cafes as we know them anywhere.....the search will continue all the same.

More sunshine means more rides [no excuses now].

Til next time.
Cheers.




2 comments:

langles said...

Nice one Ham, but don't forget where you came from - say it slowly; k-i-l-o-m-e-t-e-r-s. Hope you get some good rides in, and hunt down a coffee shop at least the equal of bobbos. Keep it spinning matey!

Dave

Brett said...

Well done Hamster,

You look a treat in the National Champions Jersey, just make sure they don't mistake you for Tyler Hamiton's long lost twin brother.