Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Italian and German Factory Tours

Factory Tours - I now know a bit more about glass then i did a few days ago.. I spent a day looking around a commerical glass manufacuring plant where they convert glass tubing into all sorts of things - well that was actually in Italy near Venice (figure that a glass manufacture in all places Venice). It is quite amazong how they form glass by the millions of parts.
Leaving Venice they stung me for excess baggage, i had to pay for an extra 15kg which was kind of OK since I reckoned I was 22 over and they didn't way my carry on (allowable weigt of 7kg) I reckon I am carrying approx. 15kg - two laptops, power supplys and work papers etc sure add up fast.

Well I am seeing an array of new factours, airports, differnt taxi systems and varying standards of hotels. Here's a picture looking out my window from the hotel we stayed in whilst in Venice (it was actualy ~20km NW of Venice. It was quite a nice hotel as long as you wanted to carry all your luggage up the multiple sets of stairs and see the stone front court yard, while it makes a lovely crackley sound swhen you drive over it, bags with small roller wheels find the terrain a little tough to negotiate, so I generated a wave of stones behind me until i gave up and carried them to the front door (then to be conforted by the STAIRS).


I have also registered the new BLOGs from both Kev and Greggie - well done fellas. Keep up the good work and log down a few activities.

Cheers.

1 comment:

langles said...

Hamster, are you sure the XS baggage wasn't related to all the bottles you no doubt emtied whilst touring the (beer) factories?